Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Preparations

Monday I went to the grocery store, and it really was not as crowded as I had expected! Granted, it was 9:30 on a Monday morning. But still. I had already purchased Jaxen some Pringles and put a movie on my phone when I realized it was not terribly crowded. So he watched a show, had a snack and I shopped in peace! (My biggest problem now days when shopping with Jaxen, is that he likes to help - help by putting everything he can reach into my cart. I am okay giving my child food and technology so this experience is a bit easier on me - Ha ha!)


We had a beautiful Monday here so I quickly dropped the groceries off 
at the house and Jaxen and I made our way to the park!

That night Jaxen was showing off his muscles to us!

Tuesday, Nik and I were invited to a nearby Christian School for lunch. They were having their Thanksgiving Feast and we were invited to attend by Thomas (5th grader who attends our church). I guess they let the kids invite their pastors as a way to show pastor-appreciation-and-thanksgiving. I am glad he thought to invite us. It was really fun to see all the kids from our church who attend the school, and have lunch with them. We also got to see all the kindergarten kids recite the memory verses. They were pretty cute!

Tuesday morning cuddle time!

At the Thanksgiving lunch!

Jaxen loves playing “night-night” and decided he and Nik needed
to do so under our Christmas tree.


Wednesday Jaxen and I started cooking and baking! First I made a Peanut Butter Pie. Because…yum! I even bought Dark Chocolate Syrup to drizzle over it - Nik’s favorite. Then we moved on to making Deviled Eggs. Nik enjoys most foods at Thanksgiving - but he said this is the one food he wanted to make sure he got to eat! Granted. And then I made my grandmother’s Apple Pecan Pie. This reminds me of Thanksgivings with my family. I have one more dessert to make and it will be a Pumpkin Sheet Cake. I don’t know if I have mentioned this cake on my blog or not - It is a new recipe to me but by golly, it is so delicious. Like so delicious. Not kidding. It may get made tomorrow morning. I’ll have to wait and see how the rest of the afternoon goes!

 Nik made me a flower, while him and Jaxen played with play-do.

But for most of the morning, this is where you could find Jaxen…helping in the kitchen!
A pot, some water, spoon, measuring cups, an egg carton and dried beans…apparently is a lot of fun!!

And then the stickers…
He loves stickers and for some reason, loves to put them on his belly and face!

And tomorrow is Thanksgiving!

In case you were wondering, we will not eat Deviled Eggs and 3 desserts only...We have been invited to spend Thanksgiving with some friends here. There will be 16 of us total and I know it will be a great day. I am thankful for these friends who include us when our families are so far away. We will miss our families but it sure is nice to know that we have people in our lives who love us and are so kind to think of us!

I wish the very best Thanksgiving to everyone!

Sunday selfie :)

P.S. It is snowing and Nik and I get to have a date night tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment