Monday, November 3, 2014

It’s November!

It’s November, and I had the best Saturday to kick off this month!

About 10am, we headed out to run some errands. We bundled up - because it was cold outside!


We went to 2 grocery stores, Lowe’s, made a coffee stop, and then headed to a Fall Festival (the same place that had the Trunk-or-Treat the night prior). Which is why Jaxen is in his Halloween costume, again!

But he did not like the Fall Festival very much. It was pretty crowded, in a small space and just way too much going on for him. He gets overwhelmed in those situations. So we just stayed a short while and then headed home.

Once home, Nik built us a fire! Our first fire this year! And it was great! Can you tell I loved it?!


We sat by that fire on and off all day. Of course there were other things we had to do: put up laundry, do the dishes, pick up the house, Nik had to finish his sermon for Sunday…etc. But all the while, the fire blazed on and I throughly enjoyed our first fire on a very cold fall day!

I made some chili and cornbread for dinner - which turned out awesome!


And then this little cutie got a bath…


While I started putting together some items for a bake sale the teens are having this week.

See why I needed to go to 2 grocery stores?!

This will be (once it chills and I break it up) Candy Corn/Pretzel Bark.

And this is a Fall Munch Mix (the blue M&M’s didn’t make the cut).

I have many more things to make, but these items could be made a few days ahead of time.

The rest of the evening was spent in front of this awesome fire, watching football, drinking hot tea and just hanging out! What a great first day of November! I’m ready for many more relaxing days spent in front of the fire!


No comments:

Post a Comment