Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Break

Our Christmas break unofficially began yesterday - Nik's parents arrived to spend Christmas with us! Nik and I will still have to work some this week, but we are looking forward to the time spent with his family. Thursday is when the break officially begins (also the day his brother and wife arrive)! It will be a fun few days.

This Holiday Season has been extremely busy for us both. Or maybe it just seems that way because I still had a broken hand, was very tired from the pregnancy, put new floors in our house, had Upward basketball practices each night of two weeks....and so on and on.

Even though it has been busy, I have really tried to enjoy the moments and not take them for granted. Moments like decorating my tree and imagining this scene in a few years with Baby D; watching the Living Christmas Tree at my current church but remembering the many years of watching it every year at the church I grew up in; enjoying reading every Christmas card and letter - not taking for granted the many people in my life who I am blessed to know; recalling memories and traditions of growing up; enjoying every party I have attended...and many more moments.

I don't take these moments for granted because I know that not everyone has moments like these during this season. I know of many who are struggling this time of year. Even in our own families. Loss of loved ones, sickness, hospitals, stress...etc. The list goes on. You know the struggles....

Through the struggles I am thankful. Thankful for this life, my family and most especially thankful for the One who came to this earth as a baby in a manger. As I have been reflecting on the Christmas Story, I have learned new things, I have been humbled and most importantly I have seen how God was at work long, long ago and I can see how He is still at work today.

This Christmas season I pray that you will enjoy the moments and be thankful for the One who this holiday is about.

I hope to blog over the next few days...however if I don't, know that I am probably napping instead. Which is probably not a bad thing, and very much needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment