Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Days Lately

* Just so you know, you are all caught up on my Pregnancy Posts / Story. I'll update now, as things occur.

The hubby is sick. I went to pick up the necessities:


Day medicine, night medicine, throat candy, liquids, soup, and just because I love him - I threw in one of his favorite candies, Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries!

I washed dishes for the first time this week! I am typing with 7 fingers, and making less mistakes each day! I can also brush my teeth and buckle my seat belt with my right hand! Yes. I am celebrating all these victories! (I go to the doctor Tuesday to x-ray my hand again).

My Christmas Tree looks like this:


and has looked like that for a week now. I am pondering putting the rest up and then just getting a big red bow to put on the top...who needs lights anyways...!

My dining room has looked like this (or worse) since Thanksgiving:


It has to get cleaned up eventually...!

I cry at songs on the radio. Christmas songs, mainly, but not limited to.

What is a good word for the lessons I am learning here lately? Here's a summary:
  • It's okay to take a nap when I'm tired, instead of cleaning my house. Keeping me and Baby D healthy is more important.
  • I can still enjoy this Christmas season without my house being totally decorated. It's not about the decorations.
  • It's okay that I forgot to get an ornament for an Ornament Exchange Party. It's the time with people that matter.
  • I have no idea when Nik's family is coming/leaving for Christmas. I have no idea what we are eating, or haven't a clue what to get most people for Christmas. It's okay, because it will happen (and be great) with or with out my lists and plans and big to-do's. (By the way, Davis Family - I will be calling at some point soon to work all this out!).
Not sure what a good word is...but that is where I am at right now in my life!

We have dinner plans with friends tonight, going to see our church's Living Christmas Tree, a party tomorrow night and a full-busy Sunday. Bring on the Christmas Season! I hope Nik feels better, or I'm going to have a fun weekend without him!

Oh, I also have big plans to suprise someone with flowers, buy maternity pants (finally...maybe...), finish Christmas shopping for those people I am mailing gifts too, make some homemade ornaments and get my Christmas cards finished up. Oh ya, and finish decorating my house and cleaning up my dining room (putting all furniture back in rooms).

Think that list is a little much? Well, Nik does too. I have high hopes for the next 72 hours. Maybe I will just hire someone to help me...oh wait...I can't do that...I have to pay for a baby!

Have a great, wonderful, Christmas-filled weekend!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You sure are motivated. That is good. Since I started working I have had lots to get done too, but Steve has been great helping. I know it sucks to be sick. What a nice wife you are though. I did not get much done last weekend/ this week. I am feeling almost all better so this weekend has lots to do which is getting done..Yea!!! Well you may not be able to afford to pay anyone, but you do have friends you can call to help so holler if you need us we are always here for you guys. Get that tree done and decorate it!! LOL! Hope all is well with your hand when you go. Well talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete