Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pregnancy - 12 Weeks & Appointment

Baby D and I have made it to 12 weeks! I had a doctor appointment Thursday. At the doctor, we were able to get another ultra sound done. It was so, so cool. We could see the spine, the hands, legs, brain, and heart. One word: MIRACLE.


All my tests from the previous appointment came back normal. (Except my iron, we have to watch). I also have to start on Calcium supplements. I need to really give up sodas (which I don't drink often), and watch the amount of fried foods that I eat (which is not much). And eat more fruits and vegetables.

Overall, the appointment was great. The baby is looking good and so am I! Very thankful that all is well. My next appointment is mid January.

Saturday morning, I was telling Nik about a dream I had and I started laughing hysterically (it was not a funny dream). Then, I started crying. It was not laugh-so-hard-you-cry, kind of cry. It was a serious cry. I sobbed for about 5 minutes and then I was over it. These hormones...!

No serious symptoms or cravings this week.

I am down 5 pounds now. Not sure how. I am beginning to grow....! But Dr. G was happy with my non-weight-gain.

This week was so busy....I just tried to keep my head above water! Looking forward to the Christmas break!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are sharing Baby D`s story with us! Thank you so much. I think that you are totally awesome and so proud of you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete