Monday, December 5, 2011

The Pregnancy Story - Part 4

The first Doctor visit.

I met with my Doctor, Dr. G, on November 17. I pulled into the parking lot that morning at 9:20, and pulled out at 12:20pm. All I can say was I was exhausted after that!

We started the appointment talking with Dr. G so she could get to know us and go over some of my history and medical stuff. Then she moved on to routine exams. Everything so far checked out nicely. There was nothing to be concerned about. Finally, she got out the Ultra Sound kit and scope thing.

Next thing we knew, we were looking at little Baby D. It was kind of a surreal moment. I mean, Nik and I were looking at our baby!!!! Hello???!!! Crazy. All I have to say. We heard the heartbeat. Saw the start of the arms and legs. There were tears. Definately from me, and maybe just teary eyes from Nik. Hands down, one of the top moments of my life!

Dr. G was suprised at how much we could see and how developed Baby D was. So she did some measuring and everything was right on the correct time schedule - 8 wks and 5 days. Want to  see our first pics of Baby D? Oh ya, she did confirm there was only one little baby in there. (I would have been fine with 2, but I don't know that Nik would of been!) On to the pics....



After Dr. G visited with us some more, Nik had to leave for an apt. I was then sent to scheduling (where I scheduled the next 5 months worth of appointments) and then to do more testing (potty in a cup - 2nd time that day - and have blood drawn). I was a trooper through it all, if I say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment