Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday Thoughts

It’s Saturday morning, a little after 9 - Nik is still laying in bed watching TV and Jaxen is still in bed sleeping. I only got up a few minutes ago. And it sure felt good to sleep in and relax. I think we are all a little bit tired from our week. It seemed non-stop; although it probably was not. We did have something every single night this week and I still have one more thing to do away from home tonight. I guess those busy nights and 3 early (cleaning) mornings for me, take its toll!

So I’m thankful for a relaxing morning and I’m looking forward to our free night tomorrow. I’m picturing pizza and a movie. But we’ll see…

A few thoughts for you this Saturday….

1. Spring is finally here. Amen. Hallelujah. I might even venture to take Jaxen to the park this week (in at least long sleeves still - spring means 50’s and 60’s). But it is here and I have put away all our winter gear (big coats, hats, gloves, snow boots…etc). It felt nice! I have a list of chores to do once it warms up enough to do them outside. A lot of things got put off or shoved aside this winter, just because it was too stinkin’ cold to be outside for more than about 2 minutes.

2. Jaxen has been asking to go “out” like 15 times a day. I think this kid is tired of our home and tired of being cooped up. Just a little longer, kiddo…

3. Jaxen speech has been improving so much. Every time I talk with someone who spends even a few minutes around him, has commented on how much better he is doing! The other night, Nik and I made the realization that the whining and grunting (that were a part of his every moment) have now turned to words! He tries to say so much more than he ever has (doesn’t get the words right, but at least is trying). It is great, and I’m so glad that the Speech Therapy is helping. I think they are recommending him for the summer session, just to keep his momentum going. Which I agree. I would hate for him to regress over the summer break. I’ll keep you updated.

4. We purchased a new (used) vehicle this week. I’ll post more when I can ever remember to take pictures.

I think that’s all for now. Jaxen is awake and I have a list of things to do today. But before I get started on my to do list, I will probably go get Nik an iced coffee and me a tea. Just for motivation! I will leave you with some pics from our week -








No comments:

Post a Comment