Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A First

Last night was a first for us in the parenthood realm. Jaxen woke up sick. And by sick I mean vomit.

I heard him whimper for just a minute - and then it stopped.  Then came the something-is-wrong-cry. Usually when that cry comes, he dropped a blanket or something trivial along those lines. Nik woke up and told me it sounded like something was wrong - I agreed but instead of getting up I said: "I would get up and take care of it, but I just don’t want to get cold". (No awards to me for super-mom in that moment. Haha.)

Thankfully, Nik is awesome and got up to check on Jaxen. I'm not really sure what happened in the room, but I think Nik may have made contact with the vomit. I heard my name called and up I got. 

I will spare you the details of the vomit. But it took us both awhile to clean up. 

Long story short and minus details it happened 3 more times last night.

After awhile, Nik was in the guest bed and Jaxen and I were in our bed (with towels under and over him). We all finally got a little sleep. 

So, that was a first. Jaxen has never been sick like that. And definitely not during the night. 

He was still not great this morning. We had 8 dirty diapers in less than 3 hours - if that tells you anything. Poor boy! 

So that meant lots of Lysol, laundry, cleaning, washing hands, lotion on those hands, diaper rashes and movies (Toy Story 2 - twice) this morning.

Comfy on the couch watching a movie. 

I put him in the bath before nap time and it seemed to perk him up a bit!

And then…

He had an incident in the tub.

Again, a first.

 Finally, nap time. And he slept really well for a little over 2 hours.

After nap it was a few more cuddles while he finally put down 
a little liquid and a few bites of cereal.

Once Nik came through the doors, the energetic Jaxen returned…and has not stopped since.

You can tell he does not feel good still, but is starting to act more like himself.

After dinner - Nik told me to go to my favorite gas station (on the other side of town)
to get me a soda. It was nice to be gone for 30 minutes. And my soda is yummy!

It is about bedtime for Jaxen (and myself). 

I hope this little bug is gone and we can have a normal night and day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment