Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Our weekend was low-key and that is just the way I like it!

Jaxen - Friday

Jaxen - Saturday

**********

We relaxed Saturday morning and then went to a birthday party that afternoon. The party was for twins, who were turning 1. They are adorable and we had such a great time at the party. This was Jaxen's first birthday party to attend. He did great. Ate, slept, drooled...you know... all the fun stuff!


Rosie (mom), Kevin (dad), Harper & Hunter (twins)

The smash cake!

Hunter, after destroying his and his sisters!

Jaxen and I hanging out at the party.

Saturday evening, Nik took care of Jaxen while I planned our weekly menu and went grocery shopping. I enjoyed myself. And I don't know the last time I enjoyed myself while grocery shopping. Funny what you begin to enjoy...!



Then we hung out at the house until bed. A very relaxing and nice day! I love weekends like that!

**********

Sunday we headed to church and I dropped Jaxen off at the Nursery for the very first time.  I was not sad. I was actually happy he can go to the nursery now! I dropped him off before Sunday School, and then after I went to check on him. Apparently that is a no-no. (Nobody told me the 'Nursery Rules'). He was trying to eat, but was a little fussy and I guess he heard my voice because he got really fussy! I went in and fed him for a little while, but then was able to hand him off so I could attend church. I think he did okay in the nursery.

Sidenote: I did not go check on him because I think other people are incapable of caring for him. I actually feel the opposite - that they are probably more qualified than me! Ha! However - this is a new thing for Jaxen, and I want to make sure he adjusts well. If that means that I need to check on him some, and help out when he is fussy until he is used to them, and they are used to him - then that is what I want to do. Make sense?

Anyways...I think Jaxen (and daddy) played too hard at church because this is what their afternoon looked like:



Hope you had a great weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Carla - I don't know what happened to my other comments (on several other posts) but I did write some. Anyway, I love seeing Jaxen grow. I love hearing about little things like cleaning your microwave or how your weekend went. It really makes me feel like part of your life. I love the side commentaries you put in as well. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete