Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back In The Saddle...

I went back to work Tuesday. I was grumpy and not very happy Monday afternoon/evening. Tears were shed for what was coming on Tuesday. My husband was very sweet and understanding and cheered me up, instead of getting mad at me for being (a little) mean to him. Thank you, to my cutie husband!

Tuesday morning came, bright dark and early. At 3:45am Jaxen was awake and ready to eat. I fed him and we were both back in bed by 5am. I dozed for an hour, but then had to get up and get ready for work. I did okay while getting ready. But then came the hard part... leaving! I decided not to go into Jaxens room and say good-bye because I knew I would cry. So instead, I woke Nik up and gave him morning instructions (which he didn't need - it's just my way of having control) and left. A few tears were shed, but by the time I arrived at work I was okay.

And then I worked my behind off! Okay, really - what kind of saying is that?! I think you can only use that expression when doing physical labor where the chance of working hard enough to burn calories so that the behind can 'come off' is possible. I don't think that phrase applies when you sit at a desk. But anyway - I am using it..... 

It's kind of hard to come back to a job after being gone 8 weeks! First, I had to clean up my office. The people who used my office while I was gone were not as neat or as organized as I was. I had to organize my pencil drawer, my bookcase, my files... all before I could get to work.

I actually had a wonderful day. There were a few sad moments, but overall I did really well. And I never once called Mrs. C (the lady who is looking after Jaxen). I trusted that everything was fine. Plus, Nik went home at lunch and I got a detailed report then! I 'powered-thru' (which is my new phrase / theme for the year) and before I knew it - it was time to head home!

My co-workers are so sweet. When I showed up Tuesday morning, I found this box and a card on my desk:

(the box is wrapped in syran-wrap)

Back story: A couple of weeks ago I visited my work and was telling them how all of a sudden I am addicted to Butterfingers. I was eating one every day! Which is not a good thing - but I could not help myself. I then told them that when I went back to work, the Butterfinger-eating had to stop.

Well, I broke into the box Tuesday!!!


And this is the note under the Butterfingers:

("NO Don't do it!")

It was an emergency! Ha!

Also on Tuesday, I received this very cool plant from my boss! 


I think the leaves look like lasagna noodles - how they are curled on the side...


It is a beautiful plant and brightens up my office and my day! My boss was out of town on Tuesday (and will be out most of the week) so he wanted to get me something to say 'Welcome Back'.


Don't tell him I said this... but it was kind of nice to not have him there! Ha! All I'm saying is - it was really nice to 'catch up' and get my brain working again and get my bearings before he loaded me down with work! Not that I don't have work to do... but you know what I mean. I could work quietly in my office while I adjusted...

So when I got home Tuesday afternoon this is what I came home to: my sweet baby boy!


What a funny sleeping position his hand is in, huh? He was deep in 'dreaming-thought'. We hung out all afternoon and evening together. We had a great time. I think he missed his mommy. At least, that is what I am telling myself!

So, to wrap this long post up:

  • Work is good. 
  • Glad it is part-time. 
  • I think Jaxen and I will adjust.

The End!

1 comment:

  1. Awww I am glad you are back to work and doing well. It is sad to have to leave that cute little boy, but you guys will adjust. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete