Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Road Trip - Part I

Jaxen went on his first 'major' road trip last week, and HE WAS A CHAMP!

Thursday night I packed for Jaxen and I (which was not as hard as I was imagining!) and loaded the car as best as I could. Then Friday morning, we hit the road and headed to Roswell, NM, at 7:10am.

It was a little tricky trying to time everything out: feeding (Jaxen or myself), bathroom breaks, gas stops... But I did it. And I feel like a champ!

Changing Jaxen in the car
(what will I do when he's too big to fit on the seat...?)

I stopped twice to nurse Jaxen and give him a break from his car seat. Filled up with gas once (and went through a drive-thru for my lunch) and stopped for me to have a bathroom break twice. Oh, and I pulled over and took a 25 minute nap (while Jaxen was sleeping).

Sweet face - after some 'stretch time' on the road

Back in the car seat...!

All in all, we had a wonderful trip to NM and got in around 5:15pm (TX time).

When we arrived my sister, Jessica, and nephew, Brennen were waiting for me at my mom's house. This was the first time they got to meet Jaxen. I think they both liked him!

Jessica, giving a bottle to Jaxen

Jessica, rocking Jaxen to sleep

Brennen, playing with Jaxen

The two cousins on this side of our family:
Brennen and Jaxen
(13 years apart!)

We also got to see my mom (Bebe) and Scotty (Grandpa Scotty). Jaxen had changed so much from the last time they saw him!

Bebe and Jaxen, stretching out and playing


Grandpa Scotty and Jaxen


On Saturday, some family and friends came by the house to meet Jaxen. He finally fits into his overalls. And I just think he is ADORABLE in them!

A picture I caught while he was napping,
before all the visitors came.

My aunt Mimi and cousin, Aubrey meeting Jaxen

Mimi and Jaxen

Aubrey and Jaxen

My cousin, Taunya - after feeding Jaxen

Jaxen loved all the visitors - look at the beautiful smile!

Some family friends, Betty & Frank with (fussy) Jaxen

I think Betty has done this before...
Put a fussy baby to sleep!

Jaxen did so well while meeting everyone and
letting everyone hold and love on him. However, I
think he likes his freedom, too!
We sat him up in the recliner and he was having so much fun!

He looked like such a big boy!
Happy for me, but yet sad for me. Ha!

Brennen and I - see how much taller he is than me?!


I'm so glad I got to see my family.
It was only for 24 hours, but still really great.
My sister, Jessica, and I

My family :)
(minus Nik - he was working at the Campground)


**********

I had to include this next picture.
There is just something about a NM sunset.
They take my breath away. 
It's not the same here in central Texas.

Road Trip - Part II post coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. What a special weekend we had! I love you guys so much! Carla, you are such a great mom! I wish you guys were a little closer! I adore that little nephew of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good little trooper!

    ReplyDelete