Sunday, August 5, 2012

Our Weekend

Our weekend was low-key and turned out great!

Here are the highlights:

Friday afternoon we went to a birthday party and in the drive way was this chalk art mural:
The party was fun!
We even left Jaxen there (in good hands) while we ran some errands!


Friday night Nik and I were kind of bored, so we walked to our neighbors house, knocked on the door and ended up hanging out with them for over 2 hours - we had a great time!


Saturday morning we did some yard work and then Nik washed both our vehicles. 

Jaxen and I sat outside and watched him! 
It was HOT. Even early in the morning. I am almost ready for fall. The summer has been hot - but for some reason, it's been bearable (most days) for me. Maybe after 4 summers here, I am finally getting used to the heat. Plus, it helps that I don't have to be out in it everyday like some are.


Because of my wonderful husband - I took naps this weekend. At least 2 - Plus, he took the morning feedings on Friday and Saturday so I could sleep in a bit! Yah for Nik!


Jaxen and I are headed out in about an hour to watch a piano concert. My boss is a wonderful pianist and has a concert tonight. I am looking forward to hearing him play.


The rest of the weekend we spent just hanging out at the house. Relaxing. Playing with Jaxen. Watching some of the Olympics. I also baked some blueberry muffins and chocolate chip cookies. 

Overall, we had a pretty wonderful weekend!

1 comment: