Monday, August 6, 2012

Good Bye Maternity Leave

I have reached the end of my Maternity Leave. It was fun while it lasted. There are some words I would like to say...


GOOD BYE...

to napping with Jaxen whenever I want.

to wearing work-out pants every day.

to the excuse that I just had a baby and can eat whatever I want.

to the possibility of not showering everyday. I know, some people think that is gross. I don't.

to not having it all together all the time. Nobody expects me to.

to seeing and having lunch with my husband most days.

to sitting outside numerous times a day and being amazed at how many times I see this particular old man driving a gray VW down our street. He obviously run errands one at a time - stopping at home in between. Or maybe he has lots of appointments. Or a job that he gets breaks every hour to come home and take medicine. Or... see - this is what my mind does on Maternity leave. Make up stories about neighbors I don't know.

There are many more good byes, but the most important....

Goodbye to watching my little baby boy every minute of every day - growing and changing, smiling, cooing, making spit bubbles, sleeping...


HELLO...

new (old) clothes I have not seen in about 8 months.

tight, uncomfortable jeans that are not work out pants.

seeing my co-workers, whom I missed.

to actually watching what I eat and trying to exercise.

to a decent bedtime and letting Nik take over the night time routine.

to needing to be even more organized than I was - now that I have a baby and a job... This may or may not be accomplished. My 'organized days' may be coming to an end. We will see.

to cleaning houses a couple times a month again.

to 3 day weekends instead of not even knowing what day it is.

to making a small income again (which Nik and our bank account are going to be happy about!).


I'm sure there are many more hello's to come....



1 comment:

  1. Aww back to work. I am sure once you get the hang of things you will enjoy some work time and then look forward to him time. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete