Saturday, November 19, 2011

What I Have Learned

The following are some lessons that I have learned on my broken-hand-journey:

*  I am grateful for every single one of my body parts.

*  It is okay to ask for help.

*  People can surprise you with how competent they really are when you don't automatically do everything!

*  It is alright to say "No" when being asked to do more than you can handle.

*  Your body works in amazing ways - especially how it compensates for limbs that don't do their job.

*  How to drive (and work) pretty well one-handed.

*  That if you are really slow doing something - your husband will probably help you do it.

*  That it is ok to do things a little slower and on your own - just to know that you can.

So are you tired of reading about my broken hand yet? I'm sure you are. Maybe I can try to come up with some better blog material...

Have you been wondering about Nik lately and what he is up to? Well, he has been busy taking care of me. And Upward. And sick for about 24 hours after having a tooth pulled. It was bad. He was helpless and pathetic. Thankfully, he is better now.

Here's to hoping for better blog posts....!

No comments:

Post a Comment