Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My New Cast

Well, my cast is off! I thank God for the healing that has taken place in my hand. But I still have a ways to go. I have to be in an air cast for at least 4 more weeks. I can (thankfully) take it off about 4 times a day (including shower time) to work on some exercises. The goal is to be able to make a full fist by the time I go back to the doctor. Currently, I can barely move any fingers!

Here's a new pic of my cast since I know you are just dying to see it!



My hand is feeling pretty good, although the first day it really hurt. I have been trying to do more things - I washed about 10 dishes (I'm slow and made a mess), I fixed a Salad with stuff in it (again, super slow cutting with my left hand), and I cooked Red Beans and Rice (I was trying to stir and hold the lid - apparently too much for me, because I dropped the spoon and it splattered everywhere) and it turned out good.

Even through the frustrations...I am grateful my hand is healing and that it was not a whole lot worse!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear your hand is doing better. Hang in there you will get all better soon. In the mean time take it easy and dont do too much. Cant wait to see u fri night. Got stuff to tell you.

    ReplyDelete