Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Golden Anniversary

Today is Nik and I's Anniversary! And not just any Anniversary...but our Golden Anniversary! Guess what we are doing today? Nothing out of the ordinary - work and church, our typical Wednesday.

I do have to give credit to Nik - he did invite me out to lunch today, but I declined. I told him I would rather go out Saturday when we could take our time and enjoy each others company. Besides, he is super swamped today putting together all the Upward Basketball teams, practice times/nights, and game times. It is a lot of work to pull it all together and it has to be done by tomorrow....so probably after church tonight...that is what we will be working on!

We typically do not give gifts on our anniversary, sometimes we do cards (most years we don't), I do receive flowers sometimes (although they also come for no occasion at all), and we are not normally 'fancy' or 'romantic'. And I love our anniversary and my cutie husband even more with each passing year.

It is not the 'stuff' that makes me still get butterflies in my tummy, it is the way Nik loves me. The way he pulls me in for a tight bear-hug. The way he knows how to calm me down when I get upset or stressed. And the way he tolerates (and helps me complete) my lists of to-do's on the day we are supposed to be lazy and do nothing. It's the way he tucks me in each night at bed time, and knows how I like everything arranged before I can go to sleep. How he forgives me time and time again when I'm being too bossy, but also how he accepts and loves me, even though I am bossy. There are many reasons I love Nik and I can honestly say that the list grows each year!

And he has been super-duper-cutie-husband these last 4 weeks helping me with all the household chores and doing way more than I ever expected or needed while I have my cast on!

Happy Anniversary, honey. I wouldn't trade our nine years of marriage for anything - and I can't wait for the next nine!

2 comments:

  1. Awww I love this blog. How cute! Sorry i missed it, but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    Things have been super crazy again here. Got more to tell you when ever I get to see/talk to you next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what all has been going on! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete