Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pregnancy - Weeks 6 & 7

Sunday, October 30, I was 6 weeks pregnant. I made Nik take a picture of me so I could start documenting the physical changes of my body. So here is my first pregnancy picture:


No 'baby belly' yet. Just my normal fluffy-self. (By the way, 'fluffy' is a nicer word for over-weight / fat).

So far in the pregnancy I was feeling great. I was not experiencing too many pregnancy symptoms - Just some mild cramping and tenderness in the chest. Oh and bloating. Major.

Then week 7 hit (November 6)! Wowza - I was tired! And queasy. I was eating often (trying to eat healthy snacks) through out the day. And I was burping. Seriously, I was grossing out my husband. I kept telling him to be grateful that I was only burping and that he was not having to hold my hair as I puked in the potty! I am very grateful I have not been sick so far.

This week I started exercising at night and going to bed a little earlier to make sure my body is getting proper rest.

So far, no weight gain (plus or minus a few ounces).

And I was surprised at how not-very-moody or emotional I have been.
We started talking baby names this week, and then we stopped. Too hard.

At the beginning of Week 7, we told our families about the pregnancy. Story to come...

1 comment:

  1. Oh the burping!! It continues till the end! LOL Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good. Lots of sleep is very key in the beginning for sure - I think I slept like 10 hours every night my first trimester. Can't wait to hear about how you told your families - such an exciting thing!

    ReplyDelete