Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wedding Weekend

The (long-time-coming) wedding of Ryan and Anna finally happened - and what a weekend it was!

Nik and I pulled into Texarkana about 1am Thursday morning. Nik got to rest for a few hours, then he and Ryan drove to Dallas to meet up with Chris for a man-day. Their man-day included Twisted Root, and Top Golf (what else?!).

Nik, Ryan and Chris

Kay, Anna and I ran errands and helped get the church ready for the Rehearsal and the Wedding.

Friday was much the same as Thursday....errands and finishing up last minute details! Friday night we attended the Rehearsal Dinner and then rehearsed the wedding. Here are a few pics from that night:

Ryan and Anna

Groom's Men - Jordan, Nathan and Nik

Rehearsal Dinner

Anna and her dad

The Groom's Party

Side note - funny story: When Nik's family showed up to the rehearsal dinner they came over to me and handed me a gift. I was a little nervous about it because of the looks on their faces... Guess what it was? A pair of Training Wheels for my bike! Ha! They said they thought of me when they saw them and had to get them for me so I wouldn't fall off my bike anymore! Thanks!

Aunt Melody and I

After the rehearsal a few of us went bowling with Ryan, Anna and their kiddos. It was really fun, especially with me, trying to bowl left handed! Just for the record - I bowl just about as good left handed as I do right handed!

Anna and Ryan

Nik and I

Saturday was the big day!

Ryan, the morning of the big day! 

Caleb wanted to take a picture of me - so this is the 'before' pic
Hair a mess and no make up

Nik and I met up with our good friends, Chris and Kylee for lunch before we went to the church to start getting ready. We like to take every chance we get to see them!

Here's some pics of us before the wedding:

Anna, getting her hair done. 

 Kylee and I (the after picture)
Thanks so much, Kylee for helping me get ready!

Helping Anna with her dress and veil

In the Brides room, waiting for the ceremony to begin 

Nik and I all spruced up

 
The Wedding Ceremony!

This is what you get when you let Chris and Kylee have your camera (plus a few others)!

The Wedding and Reception was beautiful! We had a great time and I am so excited for Ryan and Anna! After the Wedding, we went back to the house to unwind and crash - we were all exhausted.

Sunday, we attended Nik's parents church. Then we went out to eat and napped the afternoon away. Well, I did anyways. I think Nik and his dad dozed through a special on TV about snakes....good thing Nik did not have any nightmares that night!

Monday we headed home and on the way, met up with my mom, Scotty, Jennifer and Christian for lunch in Dallas. It was really nice to get to see them. We will see them in a few weeks for Thanksgiving, but any little visits we can fit in are always great!

What a wonderful weekend we had celebrating Ryan and Anna's new life together!

1 comment:

  1. You two look very nice, I love the dress and the hair. Cute! Funny about the training wheels.

    ReplyDelete