Sunday, July 3, 2011

Relaxing Weekend

This weekend was super relaxing and fun!

Friday, Nik and I were both home by 2pm. While I spent the afternoon laying in bed, reading, and elevating my legs (which are indeed healing!), Nik had to run some errands, trying to get ready for his next Youth trip. That evening I was ready to get out of the house and DO SOMETHING - I was tired of laying around. So Nik drove me to Kohls to get a new purse with my birthday money. I have had my eye on this certain purse for a number of weeks!

After the purchase of the purse we went out to dinner for Greek Food! It had been sooo long since we have had it, and it was sooo good! I was pretty tired after my little outing, so we drove straight home and I was back in bed....relaxing and elevating!

Saturday we slept in (a bit) and then watched a movie (which is so fun to watch a movie on Saturday morning, in bed!). After the movie ended, we had to be a bit more productive - Ha! I finally finished putting away all the stuff from my Birthday Party and Nik got the oil changed in the car, and ran a few more errands. After lunch (leftover Greek Food) we both layed down and relaxed some more. I am trying to take it easy so my legs will keep doing better, and I wanted Nik to take it easy because he has a really big week coming up. We grilled Pork Tenderloin for dinner and then baked cookies. I also made some pasta salad and got some sausage ready to be put in the crock pot for our 4th of July Church Picnic after church on Sunday. I loved our lazy (and partly productive) day!

Sunday we went to church, stayed after for the potluck lunch and then finished some last minute errands for Nik's trip. While out, at the Dollar Tree, we ran into our friend Becky. We discussed what we were both doing that evening - which was NOTHING and quickly decided to change that! A quick text out to friends and 2 hours later we were at the lake!

Side note - I did not get in the lake, or play in the mud or sand. I tried to keep my legs as clean as possible and showered and applied all my medicine the minute I got home! Ha! My legs are still doing okay!

Here is a recap of our time at the lake:


Madison, Nik and Jerome playing Ladder Ball (this has become a favorite group game):


Becky on the Kayak:


Nik, playing a little volleyball:




The Chandler Family playing some volleyball:


 Madison, Jim, Nik, Matthew and Jerome after 2 volleyball games:



Nik and I out on the lake:


The sunset was pretty awesome!



Most of the group, coming out of the lake:


Packing up to head home:


We had such a fun, spontaneous night with friends! It was a great end to our Relaxing Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice weekend! Sorry we could not make it last night. Steve is still sick and he wanted to go, but I need him to get better quick. These up all nights coughing are driving me crazy. Hopefully it will be gone soon. Glad you guys had fun though. The sunset is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete