Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Random stuff from the last couple days...

Last night, Nik asked me to drain the water from the Tuna cans - he was making Tuna for lunch this week. So, I start draining the water (by pushing the lid against the tuna) and all of a sudden....squirt....Tuna juices come flying at me - all over my face, my shirt, my arms and the rest of the kitchen! GROSS! I like Tuna and all, but seriously...that was just gross! Immediately, I throw down the can, start yelling for Nik and saying Ewww, Ewww, Gross over and over again. Nik finally comes to see the mess...and starts laughing at me! Not funny. I tell him he has to pull my shirt off (so the juices don't soak through to my skin). The scene reminds me of a little kid covered in mud and the parent pulling the clothes off so they don't get it on anything else. That was us... I was covered in Tuna juice and wanted my soaked shirt off! He brought me another shirt quickly and he made the switch....all the while, I am still draining another can of Tuna - carefully! It was our deal...he opened the cans, and I drain...it has always worked before... I might reconsider next time before agreeing! Gross!

**********

This weekend, I put a mask on my face, and made Nik take a picture with me! It's a little scary, but funny to me! The person who does our church website mentioned that he needs a current picture of us...what do you think about this one?!?


**********
Nik thinks I'm spoiled by my boss at work. I have to agree at times. Like yesterday, when my boss called me after a meeting he had and asked me if I wanted a Coke. Of course I did! It was from Dairy Queen which has the nice crushed ice. Dairy Queen is also in the running for top 3 best fountain sodas in town! I'm okay being spoiled by my boss....! Plus with his travel schedule this summer, and mine, we have not seen much of each other lately. We had our weekly meeting Monday morning and it was the first one since the first of June!

**********

Last night, while Nik was bike riding he saw the following:



Pretty cool to see that in this part of Texas!

**********
When I was driving home last night - I saw this:


The picture (of course) does not do this beautiful sky justice. It was a pretty amazing sky, just before sunset. I had to pull my car over for a moment, take a picture and enjoy the beauty of God's creation!  

*********
 
This week has felt pretty busy (and it is only Tuesday). I am looking forward to Friday - I'm afraid it won't get here fast enough! Nik's family is coming in town to visit for a few days and I'm looking forward to seeing them!
 
Until then, there is lots going on... Nik is working with another Youth Pastor today on an upcoming Lock-In, so I have offered to cook dinner - Beef Fajitas! The Youth Lock-In is Wednesday so Nik will be out of commission for awhile after that! Luckily, we have found another sponsor so I don't have to stay up all night! Woo Hoo! (Just so you know...I have done my time! Ha!) Actually, I love our teens and would do another Lock-In if needed, but thankfully I'm not needed for this one! Ha! I have a new 'Cleaning Job Interview' on Thursday night. And I'm preparing to teach Sunday School (for adults) on Sunday....a little nervous here!
 
**********
 
This post has gotten out of hand and is way too long! Sorry! There is so much going on, and so many thoughts rolling around in my head...this is what happens!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. So many things going on. Gross on the tuna. That sucks!
    On the picture I wouldnt use that one. LOL! I love the picture of the deers and sky. Very cool! The weekend is almost here thank god! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo for the weekend coming...! Hope it is a good one for you too!

    ReplyDelete