Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Wednesday Night

Wednesday, July 20 - LOCK-IN!

5:00 PM - Leave my office

5:12 PM - Arrive at Church and head indoors to help Nik get ready to leave for Austin (They went to Austin as a part of the Lock-In); Collected money and Medical Waivers from every student; We had a total of 24; Count heads in the Church Van and give the thumbs up to Nik that he can leave; Count heads in the Church Bus from Waco (who kindly stopped by to pick up some of our students) and give the thumbs up so they can leave; Head back into the gym to make lemonade, ice water, sweet tea and unsweet tea; Set out everything needed for late night food and snacks; Turn on all air conditioners; Head home to take a nap

7:15 PM - Pull into my garage; Turn the water on to water the front lawn; Change out of my work clothes into sleepy clothes; Start fixing myself dinner

7:21 PM - Nik calls to tell me there is a total of 109 for the Lock-In - we were expecting 80; Tell Nik to figure it out and let me know if I need to purchase more food

7:26 PM - As my food is going into the microwave (leftover beef fajitas) Nik calls to tell me yes, we need more food, but that he has the Sam's Card - so I need to find another card and go purchase the food

7:33 PM - Call the Church Secretary to see if I can use her Sam's Card - yes

7:37 PM - Check the web for Sam's Business Hours - open until 8:30 PM

7:39 PM - Finally sit down to eat my dinner - yum; Change out of my sleepy clothes into other, more appropriate clothes

7:46 PM - Get in my car and head to pick up Sam's Card

8:02 PM - Got Sam's card; Headed to Sam's

8:04 PM - See a bunch of boxes on the curb of someones yard; Stop the car and turn on my flashers (busy, windy street); Start loading boxes in my car for a co-worker who is moving (sad)

8:09 PM - Arrive at Sam's and purchase hot dogs and buns

8:24 PM - Leave Sam's

8:28 PM - Arrive at Bush's and buy myself a Coke - because I deserve it (the number 1 best place for a fountain soda, by the way - and only $.50)

8:31 PM - On my way home, I see a girl walking, carrying 2 bags (I have seen a lot people walking here lately and decided the next time I see someone I would offer them a ride - so they don't have to walk in the heat) So - I did; She turned down my offer, said she was okay walking

8:33 PM - Home again; Change back into sleepy clothes; work on hanging stuff in the guest bedroom

9:12 PM - Head to bed with my Bible and Sunday School notes so I can work on my lesson a bit before a nap

10:11 PM - Nik calls to tell me what time everyone will be back at the church; Change back into appropriate clothes

10:32 PM - Out the door to head to the church; Got the building opened up; Helped grill hot dogs; Served food and drinks; Took some pictures

Thursday, July 21

12:38 AM - Headed home; Left Nik in charge of a gym full of students so I could get some rest

12:40 AM - Home again; Changed into sleepy clothes, again; Went to bed

1:09 AM - Last time I looked at the clock before falling asleep

6:25 AM - Alarm went off; Snooze

6:35 AM - Alarm went off, again; Called Nik to see if he needed help with breakfast - no; Got out of bed and into the shower to get ready to go to work

Just another day (night) in the life of a Youth Pastor's Wife! Ha! Just Kidding (kind of). That was seriously my night...but good thing it  is not always like that!

If you want to know what Nik's Lock-In experience was - He woke up at 8:30 AM Wednesday morning and hit the ground running and didn't stop until Thursday morning around 9am. He did an awesome job with all details of the Lock-In and it was a SUCCESS!


1 comment: