Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life Highlights

Wednesday night I walked in the house from work and Nik had dinner cooked and ready to eat - That made my night! Sometimes he can be the sweetest...!

Nik received this card in the mail today. I know it is too small to read, but I wanted to share it anyways. One of the church's that participated in the Lock-In sent this to him. Every one of the kids signed it, telling Nik what a great Lock-In it was, and how much fun they had! So sweet! This totally made his day. (Sometimes his job can be a little 'thank-less').


I have now done 2 days of The Shred. Good workout. I am sore...but not too bad! I can't wait to see the results (hopefully)! Oh, and I did something I have never done before...I took 'before' pics. As in...imagine pics of the B*ggest L*ser participants before they start...except with more clothes on - ha! That's me...I took pics from the front, side and back view. No one will probably EVER see them. They are for me only...just to see if I can tell if there is progress or not through out The Shred.

Last weekend at a garage sale, I purchased this really cute bag. It is my new 'work tote'. Cute, huh?!


Our church participates in a 'Backpack Buddy' program. Basically, one of the area elementary schools gives us the names and grades of students who need help financially purchasing school supplies. People in our church sign up for these 'buddies'. We purchase their school supplies and then pray for them through out the school year. This is our second year to participate in this program. It is actually really fun to buy school supplies (especially if you don't have any kids of your own to buy for)!


I started a new cleaning job tonight. It is for a really nice elderly  man. He likes to watch baseball. We are slowly digging out from under our debt!

Vacation Bible School is next week at our church - each evening I will be doing registration and then teaching Memory Verses. Nik will help where needed (he is not assigned to any certain position - and he is a great helper and a great go-to guy). They have been working on it all week (I have only been able to help out a couple of hours) but it is really starting to come together!


That's our life right now...the highlights, anyway! The low lights include: me going to bed too late every night this week; cleaning out our pantry where potatoes molded (sooo gross); having to write a good-bye card to a dear friend that is moving; Nik having to make decisions about going to or canceling a youth trip...etc. But you don't want to read about that stuff...!

What we are looking forward to this weekend: Volleyball Friday night! Saturday holds lots of potential for lots of things...nothing set in stone yet. Sunday Night Service at church is dedicated to the Youth Summer. Nik will be sharing video, pics and reports from all the amazing things that have happened this summer with our youth.

What does your weekend hold?

1 comment:

  1. Cute bag, it is definitely you! Love your posts. Can't wait to see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete