Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mountain Bike Riding

I went Mountain Bike Riding last night! It was so fun!

I bought my bike a while back and have only been riding around our neighborhood. I go a couple of times a week. I really have enjoyed going. Nik has been telling me for a while now that I need to go ride out on the trails. That makes me a little nervous. I don't know why, but it did. Probably because it is something new and different - and I get nervous with new and different.

Anyway, I learned that the wife of the guy Nik rides with likes to go mountain biking as well. She has actually been riding for about 20 years, but has not gone out in a long time. She doesn't like to ride with her husband and Nik because they do harder stuff. I had been pondering asking her if she wanted to ride with me. And last week I finally asked her - and she said yes!

I warned her that I have never done this before, but I wanted to try. She assured me we would take it slow until I was used to it. So, we agreed upon an evening and we went!

Monday, after work we loaded up our bikes and picked up William and Susan and headed out to the lake.

Putting all 4 bikes on the rack was tricky:

But they got it - and we headed out!

I seriously had the best time. It was so pretty out, the weather was great and Susan was super nice to me. She helped me figure out how to manuever my bike better and taught me things as we rode that made riding easier and safer. She waited for me as I slowly went down the hills, and stopped when I needed to look at the view (a.k.a. 'catch my breath'). Ha! After a while I got the hang of it and did pretty well!

I stopped to take pictures as we were riding.

We rode around that little 'mountain'!

Looking back at where we started.

William and Nik had a great ride, too. William kinda ran into a tree. But he is okay! Those are the things I am scared of...!

We have plans to go again, soon!

William and Susan:

Nik and I:

1 comment: