Friday, May 6, 2011

Computer Issues and Resolve!

A few months ago, our home computer crashed and burned. Nik tried everything he knew of to get it running again, but all attempts failed. We went to look at purchasing a new computer, but we could not bear the thought of putting out money for a new computer. I know it's really not that much, and most people see a computer as a necessity - but we are really trying to SAVE and PAY OFF ALL DEBT - so we decided to wait. A computer is not a necessity (in our world) but a want. By the way - waiting (in most circumstances) we have found, is never a bad option. Nik has a work laptop, so he would just bring it home everynight for our use. Yes, it was inconvienient, but we made it work. Oh, by the way, our computer was our TV source. No computer = no TV. So, again - not the best solution, but we made it work.

A couple of nights ago we started our 'Home Purge' for our Garage Sale this summer. While going through some storage stuff, Nik located a Recovery Disc (which he could not find first off, when the computer crashed). So he ran the recovery disk, and after about 1 1/2 hours - our computer worked again! Crazy. And to think...I almost threw the computer in the garbage this past weekend!

So now that our computer is back - I will be blogging more!

P.S. thanks for your comments on my last post about Cucumbers - I'll give you some updates once I purchase some. (I have to wait to purchase, because it is almost against my religion to go to the grocery store more than once a week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment