Thursday, February 4, 2016

Pregnancy - Week 30

Baby Zane - 29 weeks

I had an appointment today. A routine checkup and I will begin to have them every 2 weeks now. That means...it's getting closer! Haha! 

I am 30 weeks now - which is not long. Home stretch

During my appointment we went over all the basics: blood pressure is good, Zane is measuring about 1 week ahead, but his heartbeat is great, good movement.... Also, my glucose test came back - no gestational diabetes, my iron is good (it has always been low in the past) and the last anatomy ultrasound came out normal - which means all of Zanes organs look great! 

In other news...

I have a ton of paperwork to fill out for the hospital before I deliver. 
I will get tested for Group B Strep at 36 weeks. I tested positive with Jaxen and the odds are about 50 percent that I will have it again. 
I need to start keeping track of Zane’s movements and will have to get a shot in the near future. 

And the bad news...

I have officially gained more weight at 30 weeks with Zane than I did with my entire pregnancy of Jaxen. Boo. My doctor this time around has not been near as strict with me as my last and apparently unless a doctor tells me I'm gaining too much weight - I don't pay attention! I actually just asked today at my appointment and she said I was on the high side. So I have decided to make a few changes (that probably needed to be made awhile back - haha) and then I headed to the treadmill at the gym right after my appointment :)

I’m not overly worried about the weight gain. I know it happens and carbs are still my favorite thing to eat right now but it does hurt my feelings a bit because I worked so hard last year to lose a bunch of weight!

So that's my pregnancy update!

Thanks for being patient with my non-blogging this week. I will try to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment