Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things....

Happy December! I love this month - as I’m sure many of you do :)

Currently - I have a Christmas Candle lit, a fire going in the fireplace, my Christmas Tree lights on and I am sitting with my two favorites watching The Voice. It really does not get better than this! And no, not every night is this “perfect” and that’s why I take it all in when I can, and try not to take things for granted! Right?!

So these are a few of my favorite things (right now) (in no particular order)....

My two boys… 
Matching on Sunday!

This Broccoli Salad - 
I had it for the first time at Thanksgiving, and asked for the recipe,
and I can’t wait to make it and eat it all up! 
1 head of broccoli - chopped fine
1/4 lb bacon - fried and crumbled
2/3 cups of raisins
1 medium onion - chopped fine
Combine and add dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp wine/vinegar

My four “Elf" cups. 
Only one pictured. But the other three are just as great.
Bought last year, after Christmas, on major clearance... They just make me smile!
And so does my candle, my “Merry Christmas” centerpiece and my table runner :)

And speaking of Elf and smiling…these quotes do it to me every time!






Sunday Naps and Football
(no picture)
But I love laying on the couch spending time with Nik while he watches football and I nap! 


When Jaxen turns on the lights for the Christmas Tree and says "ohhh, pretty!”
I tried to get a picture of him in front of the tree - but he would not have it.
I miss it when he didn’t have an opinion :)

 My 2016 calendar. 
Call me a nerd... But I love a new calendar! 
And I love writing in it - its fresh and clean and ready to be filled up!


What are some of your favorite things?


6 comments:

  1. That is so funny you've never had broccoli salad before! And I love the lights on the tree. And how the kids get so excited about having the tree and lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, weird about the broccoli salad…but it was yummy!

      Delete
  2. I love that you love planners. :)

    ReplyDelete