Friday, February 10, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 20 & Doctor Visit

Thursday I had a baby doctor appointment. It went something like this:


(Well, after I waited about 30 minutes for the doctor, which is unusual, and then fell asleep on the table!)
  • Baby D's heartbeat = Good
  • Baby positioning / measuring = Good
  • My blood pressure = High (due to all the cold meds I'm on)
  • Dr. G told me I have to start getting better sleep and get well SOON. Why, thank you doctor...if only it was that easy! Then she prescribed me more meds.
  • I then made an apointment to speak with the financial people again - I will become double-insured soon, and hope this will make a difference when it come to the cost of delivering Baby D. We will see.
  • I also have the paperwork to sign up for all the baby classes the hospital offers. I know many people do not take these classes...but come on. I'm clueless and need all the help I can get. So, yes, I will be dragging Nik to every.single.class.offered!
And that was my appointment. Then on the way out of the hospital, I stopped at a food vendor and bought myself a Kolache. Because I was up at 5:30am again, and my breakfast was definately gone. But - 3 loads of laundry got folded and put away!

Today is Friday. I am at home. It is 7:30am. I have already checked email, read some blogs, found a new recipe to try out, made muffins, drank some hot tea and am posting some blog material (sorry for being so behind on this!). I have been up since 6am. Although that is early, I am okay with it. I love early mornings. And the fact that I am not going to work today, helps. My work people told me yesterday to stay home today and try to rest. I took them up on that offer. I am looking forward to a lazy day at home. I need the rest. I am very tired of not sleeping well. But the new meds Dr. G gave me seem to be helping. I slept even better last night than I have in many nights. I am hoping to catch up on a few things that have lagged behind this week - but other than that, I plan on drinking lots of hot tea, taking a few naps and laying on the couch.

Oh, and Nik has the day off today (well, kinda...he will be home most of the day). I am very much looking forward to some time with my cutie husband. I miss him.

So this week is 20 weeks of pregnancy! Crazy. Still no picture. So - maybe next week you will get pregnancy picture overload!

Something exciting has been happening though....I have felt movement! Well, 'flutters', actually! They are pretty regular now. At first, I didn't know if I was really feeling Baby D - but after a few days of the same feeling in roughly the same spot...I knew it was my little boy! So very exciting.

I think I might go shopping at some point this weekend for Baby. I am ready to buy him something. People think it is weird that I have not bought anything yet. But oh well. Weird or not, that is me, and that is how it is.

And another pregnancy first....heartburn. I had it last night. Either the crazy-bad headaches, the heartburn or the coughing have. got. to. go.

So - I'm off to medicate myself and maybe take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment