Friday, February 17, 2012

30 Hour Famine

Hey Guys - This is Nik. I am doing a guest post, and I know that you never hear from me, but as is usually the case with these spouse things, I am on here because I need your help!

The youth of my church have decided to join hundreds of thousands of students and do the 30 Hour Famine. Basically, they go without food for 30 hours. They learn what it takes to overcome hunger. And they raise funds to help feed hungry children and families around they world. They refuse to be told they can’t make a difference.

Every $30 raised can help feed and care for a child for a month. And because the Famine is powered by World Vision, they're not just feeding kids for today — they’re helping them and their families overcome poverty for a lifetime.

For more information on the Famine you can go to http://www.30hourfamine.org/

The weekend of March 2-3, we will gather together with other teens in our area to actually do the 30 hour famine. But along the way, they will learn about hunger and how to make a difference in the lives of children living in poverty. And to top it all off, they’ll be drawn closer to God and one another as they experience hunger firsthand.

My teens have set a goal to raise $4,000 for this great cause. I also, am working to find donations.

If you would be willing to sponsor me for this event please contact me at youth@templefirst.com Any contribution would be tax deductible and I have receipts that I can send to your for your contribution.

Or, email me if you would just like to catch up - that would be great as well. Thanks for taking the time to read the blog and may God bless you today! Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment