Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine

I consider myself a good wife. I pretty much do all the things (that in my mind) make a good wife. I love being a wife. Especially Nik's wife. He makes me love being his wife. Part of why I am a good wife (again, in my mind) is because Nik is a good husband!

That said, here lately - really, off and on since this summer (remember - leg infections, broken hand, pregnancy, hormones, sickness) I have felt like a mediocre wife (at best).

However, Nik is still a good husband. The best, really. Even when I'm at my worst, he does not falter. He is kind, patient, generous and keeps looking for ways to make me laugh, cheer me up or do something special for me.

He is my valentine.

I will be a good wife again. Hopefully soon. I have a yummy dessert planned to fix for him tonight. It involves chocolate chip cookie dough, dark chocolate and ice cream. Hopefully this dessert will help score me some points in my 'Good Wife Bank'!

Speaking of points - Nik scored some today. He sent me a text this morning at 9:17am and it said "Can I take my beautiful wife out to lunch today? Happy Valentines day!". So we went to BJ's, one of our favorite lunch spots. And it was yummy. And the time I got with my cutie valentine was even better than the food!

I made something for us recently. The picture below is kind of funny - so I'll explain in case you can't tell what it is. It is a frame, with a printed paper on the inside that says "I love you because". I have a marker that you can use to write on the glass frame reasons why you love the other person.


I love this idea (got it from another blog). It is making us be intentional in sharing our reasons for loving each other. Small things, big things, it does not matter. It is so easy to get caught up in saying 'I love you". Not that it is bad...but it can become a habit. What I think is even a better habit...is to say WHY. That is what we are working on...with our frame. And it's fun. It's a no-pressure frame though. We don't have to write something everyday, and we don't have to keep score of who writes most often. People 'speak' love to each other differently. I just though this would be fun while it lasted. One week, a month, a year...we will see. But for now, I am challenged to write to Nik reasons I love him.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you are an AWESOME wife to your husband. I love hearing (well reading) about ya`lls relationship! You guys were really meant for each other! Happy Valentine`s Day to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete