Friday, October 21, 2011

Upward & Bruises & Weekend Away

Clever post name, huh?! I've got nothing better.

Upward Evaluations were this week. And they were fun! It is always great to see people you have not seen in a year. I took no pics of the evaluations because we were so busy! I worked with volunteers to register kids, take their height, and get their jersey size. Nik worked with volunteers running each kid through basketball drills. We got there at 5pm each night and did not go home until 9pm - Both of us are now exhausted!

Nik does have a day off today, and I know he sure does need it. Running evaluations this week, taking care of me, and taking care of the house has been a big job! Oh yes, he also baked 2 cakes Wednesday afternoon that I was supposed to bake!

I did snap a pic of us last night before we headed out the door -

Nik and I sporting our Upward shirts

So when I fell last Saturday, I had no idea how much damage I actually had done to myself. Yes, I broke my hand, but the bruises are what's so crazy to me...they are everywhere! Almost everyday Nik or I find new bruises on my body. Here are the latest pics of my left leg and ankle:


Bruised and swelling all over 

The ankle - pretty bruises and more swelling!

Ok - enough of my injuries. By the way, I am so thankful still - it could have been much worse!

This weekend I am headed to Texarkana to stay with Nik's parents and attend a couple bridal showers for Nik's brother and fiance (Ryan and Anna). I'm really looking forward to it!

This afternoon I will be running errands, packing, trying to clean my house and wrapping gifts (with NIk's help). Tonight, instead of playing volleyball, I will be score keeper and going to bed early.

By the way, if some of my sentences don't make a lot of sense, it's because I type way slower than my mind works and half the time I forget what I was going to type! So, stick with me...hopefully, I will get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment