Sunday, October 16, 2011

An Adventure!

Saturday was an adventure. See pics below:


Williams ear after a run-in with a tree.

 
Williams legs after a run-in with some rocks.

 
My arm after a fall into the rocks.

 
My leg after a fall into the rocks -
(which is now bruising pretty bad).


My swollen hand after a fall into the rocks -
(which is now more swollen, bruised, wrapped up and awaiting a doctors appointment).

So as I stated before, Saturday was an adventure! We went with our friends, the Lentzs, to Zylker Park in Austin for a mountain bike ride. About 1 mile in, we came upon some very big boulders and rocks. And I totally biffed it.  I have fallen before, but not like this. I fell down some of those boulders and rocks. It was a pretty hard fall. I finally got up (was hurting a bit) but kept going because  I didn't think it was that bad.

About 3.5 more miles in, my right arm started spazzing and I could not move it anymore. At that point I was crying (out loud, not the pretty kind) because I was in so much pain. After I calmed down and checked over my injuries - that is when I noticed my hand swelling. I knew I was done riding at that point. 

But the problem was that we were 4.5 miles in. Which meant I had to hike (while guiding my bike) 4.5 miles out. That was tough. Everyone else was great. So nice about it. I felt bad for slowing them all down and walking back - but I had no other choice!

On the walk back, we came across this cool area and took some pics of the boys:
William and Nik
Nik
William
Nik

After we made it back to the car I took some ibuprofin and started to feel a little better.

Today, I am bruising up pretty bad but my arm is actually starting to move again. I do not have full range but am better off than I was yesterday. I am going to try to get into see the doc tomorrow and get some x-rays of my hand. I'll keep you updated.

I am typing this one handed. This is getting long. So I'm going to go now.

P.S. Nik has been so great helping me out, since I can really only use one arm and hand. Thank you, honey. You are amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Geez Carla. Glad you are ok. Hope you feel better soon! That looks bad.

    ReplyDelete