Monday, July 1, 2019

Theater in the Park


Two Friday nights ago we were invited to the Theater in the Park!

Theatre in the Park is tucked into 10 beautiful acres and is the largest 
outdoor community theatre in the country! This year is their 50th Anniversary!

The night we went they were showing "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"
which I had never seen.
I missed a lot of the beginning because the kiddos were running around playing,
eating snacks, talking...etc.
But they got pretty interested the last half.
In fact, I tried to go home at intermission and Jaxen begged to stay!
The kids were being so good, so we stayed to the end - which was 11pm!
Yes, they both fell asleep before we ever left the parking lot.
First thing Saturday morning, Jaxen thanked me for taking them and letting them stay up late.
:)

Here are a few pics I took:

Jaxen and Sayde loved talking to the Security Team!

While we were supposed to be eating our picnic dinner -
but Zane could not resist playing on the big boulders!

I asked Jaxen and Sayde for a picture and this is what I got:

Jaxen was not into pictures - ha! I promise he does like Sayde though!

We were there 2 hours before the show started so we could get good seats.
This gave the kids a chance to run and play and run and play some more!

Zane (pictured above) walked around to anyone with a ball and asked(?) "my turn!"
Most people were so gracious and happy to let him play.
He did not care who he was playing with as long as he got to throw the ball!
He played with these teenagers most of the night. 

The park, filling up - It was a gorgeous night!

The kiddos - at the beginning of the show.

The cast and opening scenes!

Zane, later in the night.

Jaxen and Sayde sitting together - see they do like each other!

Although it was a late night and a musical (you know I'm not a fan of those) - it was really fun!
So glad we got the opportunity to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment