Monday, July 15, 2019

Blueberry Picking

Saturday morning the boys and I loaded up and met our neighbors for blueberry picking!
I love picking blueberries - and this weekend was prime picking time.
We were there by 8am (to beat the crowds and heat) but it was still sooo hot.

Jaxen did really well at picking. 
I showed him what kind we wanted and he went to town and never complained :)

Zane, on the other hand, was over it in about 10 minutes.
Then he whined the entire rest of the time we were picking.

We had a great time though and are enjoying our picks!

Got our buckets and are ready to go!

Zane saw this dinosaur and the entrance and that is all I heard about the entire
time we were there - he wanted to go see it again.


And here is the patch we picked on!
It was such a beautiful day - look at that blue sky.


Jaxen and Sayde pretty much stayed together the entire time.

Good thing I got a few pics of Zane picking at the beginning!

After I couldn't stand the whining anymore (and I had enough blueberries to make it worth it)
Zane and I left the group and I let him ride the train they had. 
He loved that!

The other kiddos saw Zane on the train, so when they were done picking,
they had to ride the train, too.

And here was our haul....about 7 pounds.

I froze almost all of them, but kept enough out to make a fresh blueberry crisp -
and it was delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment