Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Jesus & Jaxen

Tonight was a very special night for Jaxen…well, all of us really!

Tonight is when Jaxen asked Jesus to live in his heart!!!!!

I was reading the Bible (John 15) to Jaxen tonight before bed and when I was done he asked the question “Have I ever asked Jesus to live in my heart?” I answered that no, I don’t think so, and asked if that is something that he wanted to do. And he said yes!

I asked him lots of questions to make sure he understood what this decision means. I asked why he wanted to do that. What that meant….We talked for a while and he explained to me about God creating the world and how sin separated us from God (he used an illustration he learned at camp). He told me that he understood that God loved him and that Jesus lived on earth and then died for everyone's sins. He told me that by asking Jesus to live in his heart that he would live forever in Heaven with God and Jesus. He understands that asking Jesus to live in his heart means he is in relationship with God and we talked about ways to grow that relationship.

Nik was sleeping, but Jaxen wanted me to wake him up so he could pray to God with both Nik and I. So I told Nik that Jaxen had something special to tell him. When Nik came in the room I thought Jaxen was going to ask Nik to help him pray - instead, he prayed to God himself and asked Him to live in his heart forever!

And I can’t stop smiling :)

We have raised him to know about God and what Jesus has done for us. We have prayed for him, that he would one day choose to love God and ask him in his heart. And today was that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment