Sunday, March 12, 2017

Road Trip: Stop # 1

Last Tuesday afternoon we hit the road about 4:30 and drove to Erie, PA for a yummy dinner at Chick-fil-A! After we all ate and the boys had a chance to play we put pajamas on the boys and loaded back up in our car and told them it was night-night.

Then we drove through the night. The boys slept pretty good but we ran into major thunderstorms and tornado watch/warnings for about 6 hours. It was hard to drive in, and hard to sleep through. But we made it to Springfield, MO and were excited to see the Clardies!

We know the Clardies from our time spent in Watertown, NY. Chad was the lead pastor of the church that Nik was on staff with. We only knew them a few years…but we sure do love them and always have a fun time together!

We saw their house, church and town; got to hear the girls practice for a singing competition they were in; went to the park; had a few trips to Sonic; ate at Lamberts; attended their Ash Wednesday Service; ate Mexican food; got my hair cut; and enjoyed catching up with them!

Here are a few pictures from our time with them…

Celtin, Ciersyn, Jaxen, Zane, Nik and I went to Sonic and then the park.
And then the boys went to some famous Donut Shop, “Hurts Donuts”.

Zane loved the swing!
Look at his hair flying in the wind…so cute :)

Ciersyn took these sweet pictures of Zane while they hung out.



Zane discovered his love for rice while we ate Mexican food.
And made a complete mess (might I add). 

While I got my haircut the boys hung out at another park. 
Look at that cutie :)

Pastor Chad, Neos and Jaxen!

These pics are kind of funny…
I was trying to take a pic to show off my haircut.
Lots of long layers. I love that - and it feels so much better!

Caidyn had the best time with my boys.
Jaxen slept in her room each night and her and Zane had fun together!

When it came time for a bath, they set Jaxen up in their whirlpool tub.
Lots.of.bubbles!


Misty and I.

Jaxen loves Misty. And she spoils him.
I know they miss each other.

Chad, Misty and my boys!

We decided we didn’t have many pictures of us four together - 
so we had to take a selfie before we left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment