Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Jaxen - Four Year Checkup

Jaxen also had a well-check last week…


He weighed in at 37.8 pounds and is 41 inches tall (both of which are in the 50% for boys his age).
He is a healthy, growing boy!


Sleeping:
Jaxen sleeps through the night with no trouble.
We usually put him to bed around 8pm - but then he plays for awhile until he goes to sleep.
I still make him have nap time each day (he will sleep for 1-1 1/2 hours),
but I’m thinking that we are going to drop that soon.
The past two weeks we have skipped nap a few days, and he does ok. Not great.
I will hold on to it for awhile longer, but it will probably end up being more “quiet time” than “nap”.

One afternoon, this is how I found him during nap time!

Eating:
We are having a bit of trouble with his eating (and have been for awhile).
He is pretty picky, and it takes him forever to eat a meal.
I’m talking…
sitting at the table for about an hour, telling him to take a bite after bite, the whole time.
Not fun!
I’m getting super strict about meal time, and it is getting slightly better :)

Clothes:
Jaxen is wearing mostly 4T and 5T shirts.
Pants are 4T and shorts vary.
He is still fitting into a few 2T, and I recently bought him 4T - and they are too big!
He is in a size 9 shoe.


Jaxen has settled into our new house well.
One of his favorite activities right now is playing “water” (above).
Sometimes when I am nursing Zane I will let him fill up all of Zanes bottles with water
at the kitchen sink and then he has the best time pouring the water into other containers,
and pretending. It’s pretty cute to watch and keeps him occupied!

Another favorite is bubbles!
We play bubbles out back, multiple times a day.
And I even let him go out alone a few times (with me checking on him often).

A few funny things:
He woke up last week and was coughing and said to me “I have allergies. Need to see doctor!"

One day after lunch, Jaxen was having the last piece of chocolate cake and 
Nik had a piece of dark chocolate. 
Jaxen wanted a bite of Nik’s chocolate so Nik told him if he could have a bite of cake, 
Jaxen could have a bite of his chocolate. 
So Jaxen gave Nik a bite of cake. 
When Nik handed Jaxen his dark chocolate, Jaxen stuck the whole piece in his mouth - 
smiled and ate it!  It was so funny!

Jaxen informed us the the other day that he was not longer calling us “mommy daddy”
but instead, he was going to call us “mom dad”.
It cracked us up!


Feeding the fish.


I was reading an article the other day about how 4 is the best age.
Maybe. That has yet to be determined :) Haha!
We do have our struggles with Jaxen.
Most of which are probably pretty normal (being too loud, too rough, not listening…)
but I do see the fun side of 4….. 
His imagination, the conversations we have, his energy, 
how he wants to help and try everything and be independent...

He is really a great kid.
I love him so much.

The transition of moving and having a new baby brother have been a lot for him,
but he is hanging in there and I’m so proud of him.
I am proud of how he has grown this past year, in so many ways….
Especially with his speech.
He still struggles sometimes and even told me last week 
“I don’t know how to say it" (and he was very frustrated) which hurt my heart, 
but also made me proud that he could communicate that!

He has grown in so many other ways as well.
A big one has been socially.
I love watching him interact in social situations.
He loves having friends and being involved in things and really listens and obeys in group settings!

We have registered him for pre-k this fall.
And he will (hopefully) start speech therapy again in July, and it 
will continue on during the school year as well.

Four is a big year for this kid! And whether or not I am ready…here it comes!


No comments:

Post a Comment