Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What’s Happening Here...


This little cutie just keeps getting bigger and bigger!

This week at church is Vacation Bible School!

I am officially an “extra”. 
Which means, I just help out wherever is needed. Which I like!
Monday I helped with registration and today I helped with crafts.

Jill and I at registration on Monday.

Nik’s mom and dad are here as well.
They arrived late Tuesday night and Jaxen has had the best time with them!
I think he is enjoying all the extra attention and having new people to show off for :)

One last thing…
Guess what I did tonight?

I made a RHUBARB crisp.

Do you even know what Rhubarb is?
I had no clue. Never even heard of it until I moved here.

Here is an interesting fact:
Rhubarb is usually considered a vegetable.
However…a New York court decided in 1947 that since the US used it as a fruit, they
would consider it so, for the purpose of regulations and duties.

Even though I had never heard of it, seen it, or eaten it -
It was given to me and so I thought I would experiment with it…

Cutting it up (you peel it like celery then dice)

Ingredients for a crisp (rhubarb, oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter)

I baked it, let it cool some and then we tried it (well, everyone but Kay).
I think the overall consensus was that it was “okay”. Possibly “good”.
It was very tart.
But it kept you going back for more!

I like baking new things, and this was definitely a first for me!

We have some fun things planned with Nik’s family
and a lot of catching up to do…we have not seen them since January.

Which means it will be a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment