Saturday, October 25, 2014

Updates

I don’t want to leave you hanging about some of the things I have blogged about here lately - so here are some updates:

1. Potty-Training = It has come to a standstill for the time being. Jaxen hates his underwear now and after Nik and I discussing some other instances that have come up, we both feel that he is not really ready for full-on potty training yet. Even though I am sooo ready for this to happen. I am practicing patience and really trying to wait until he is ready so it is a good experience for all of us. That is number one thing I keep hearing - don’t rush it! 

2. The Weather = I know I blog about Fall a lot and have also kept saying that winter is coming. Well, Fall is still here, but not as pretty. The weather has been cold and rainy. Most of the leaves have fallen. And in the 10 day forecast (currently) there is a chance of snow on November 1 with a high of 44 and a low of 30. That being said - Tuesday is supposed to have a high of 70. Weather is so funny.

3. Parking Lot / Pumpkin Patch = I know I mentioned that Nik was helping oversee the parking lot at church. It is bigger, repaved and lines were finally painted last week. All done. The pumpkin patch has not done very well. The weather. We will see with this last week left how it goes - hoping to sell lots of pumpkins!

And just some general updates:

1. Health = Everyone is staying healthy around here so far. Jaxen had a 24-hour fever a few weeks ago, but is fine now.

2. Our church hosted a Marriage Retreat Friday night and today (Saturday) and Nik and I were able to attend. It was a wonderful experience for us and our marriage. I cannot say enough good things about it. If you ever get a chance…attend a marriage retreat! Make your marriage a priority.

3. Jaxen stayed with a  couple of teens while Nik and I were at the Marriage Retreat today. The minute we got home, he wanted a snack and to sit in his chair (such a little man!). Not even 5 minutes later - this is how we found him:


One of the teens said he never napped, and that he laughed all day long! I guess that’s a pretty good report! But he was exhausted!

4. I have not been good at picture taking. I hope to do better this week.

That’s all for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment