Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekend Happenings

Friday was very cold and a little rainy.  My favorite kind of day right now. I told Nik I wanted to go out and enjoy the cold weather. So we went shopping. One of our favorite pastimes. Just that morning my blow dryer died, so it was time for a new one.

Jaxen and I…ready to hit the road. 
Plus the apple. Apples are Jaxen’s favorite shopping snack!

That night, Nik and I had a movie date after Jaxen went to bed. I actually stayed up late - it was fun!

Saturday we carried on movie-watching - with a family movie that morning. Jaxen even got to eat his breakfast on the floor of the living room! We watched “Planes” and then I tried to teach Jaxen to be a plane. You know, running around with your arms outstretched and making plane noises?! He just laughed at me, and never really caught on to the whole idea. Oh well.

Saturday Movie Morning!

I also did some cooking….Baked Oatmeal, Deviled Eggs and Peanut Butter Pie. Weird combos, right?! The eggs and pie were for our Church’s Thanksgiving Dinner.

Baked Oatmeal. One of our favorite cold-day breakfast!

 And hot tea in my new favorite Bonita park mug!

Saturday was low-key. Even Jaxen just chilled most of the day….in his new favorite spot.

The fireplace. Yup. Just relaxin’ in the fireplace.
Doesn’t everyone?!

And he loved exploring the Christmas Tree.
He actually clapped the first time he saw it…so cute!

And here is Jaxen in his new favorite shirt from Pepaw Scotty…
”Dale Jr.” 

While eating his cheerios.

It was a great Saturday!

Until the night.

I noticed Jaxen feeling a little warm that evening and so I checked his temp and he was running a low-grade fever. He was not feeling well and coughed most of the night. None of us slept really well. Jaxen was in bed with us. And the fever carried on through today. Currently he is fever-less, but I’m keeping a close eye on him and giving him medicine.

So Jaxen and I had a sick day. Mostly spent on the couch. But that’s what you are supposed to do when you are sick. And I have gotten the best cuddle time with him today. As much as I enjoyed the hours of hugging on my sweet boy, I sure don’t like to see him sick. I hope he continues to feel better.

While we have spent the whole day relaxing indoors…Nik has been out. He went to church this morning and then to the Thanksgiving Dinner (and yes, he brought me home some food!) and then to the store and now out again! He is with the teens giving out baskets of Thanksgiving Dinners to those who probably wouldn’t have a dinner otherwise. This is something they do every year. Most of the food is donated by other church members but what is not, he goes to the store and picks up what is needed. Then they meet to assemble the baskets of food and then go deliver!

I’m excited for this next week, and for the Thanksgiving holiday and excited about seeing family!





No comments:

Post a Comment