Friday, November 1, 2013

Costume Reveal

So if you guessed that Jaxen's costume was an oragne crayon...you were right!

If you guessed a traffic cone...you came close.

First, let me start off with this adorable picture of Jaxen on his 2nd Halloween:


The costume packaging showed to wear the costume with a long sleeve black shirt and black pants.
Well, Wednesday night when I realized it...it was too late. So gray shirt and jeans, it was!

And here is a view from the back...for those that thought traffic cone:


He was adorable in his outfit. Everyone said so, so it's not just me :)


And I know there were probably other organge-crayon-dressed kids out there,
but Jaxen was the only one I saw!

For the record, I bought this adorable pumpkin candy-holder-thing to use
when we went trick-or-treating. See how cute?

And then I left it at home.

You can tell I'm a newbie.

I left my child's candy-holder-thing AT HOME.

When we got to our first stop (Trunk or Treat at FBC) we got out of the car
and that is when I realized he had no place to put his candy!

Thankfully, the people in charge anticipated newbies like me and
he got a plastic sack. Not near as cute. But it worked.

As a side note....I feel terribly guilty taking candy from people, knowing
my child will only eat about 2% that he gets. I actually kept telling people
"No thanks - he has enough candy".

And then I got the Nik-glare. It’s powerful.

And I stopped saying it!

So are you ready for cute pics of Jaxen trick-or-treating?!

There are none.

Sorry.

He was too hard to wrangle at the FBC Trunk or Treat.
You wouldn't really think so.
But you can take my word.

Then we stopped at a friends house...
And I forgot to take a picture.

Then we came home and spent the rest of the evening passing candy out
from our neighbor's driveway.

Actually, Jaxen was putting the candy in kids candy-holder-things!
He did so good, and it was so cute to see him doing it.
Everyone loved it!

Thankfully, I did take a few pictures that afternoon when I tried his outfit on him.
This was before I adjusted the elastic strap that you see in the pictures. That I so classy
attached to the inside of the hat with safety pins.





Question: what are the candy-holder-things called? buckets, baskets....I'm not sure.

And we had a 3rd dinner fail this week. Sheesh!
We were going to grill chicken and corn on the cob....from Tuesday.
But guess what? No propane still.
So we went with Sonic's $.50 corn dogs for dinner Thursday night....YUMMY!

And just in case you were wondering....
Jaxen has slept through the night twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still a bit sleep deprived though (he woke up around 5 this morning).
I'm blaming this ridiculous post on that. Grin.


No comments:

Post a Comment