Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jaxen - Haircut


Okay, before I start this post I need to explain....

Well, let me just put it out there... I CUT JAXEN'S HAIR.

No, I did not take him to get it cut... I did it!

I am always looking for ways to save money. One day, while on Pinterest, I saw a "How to cut boys hair". So I pinned it and read it. I was then convinced I could do it. I mean, if I read it on the internet... surely I could do it, right?!

I have been waiting for the right time to do it. You know, when Jaxen is calmed and entertained and when Nik is home to help me.

I'm not the best at timing. Nik was gone one afternoon and I wanted a project. Most of my projects cost money so I was trying to steer clear of those. And as I was playing with Jaxen I just kept looking at his hair and it had seriously gotten long and almost-out-of-control.

Side-note: I have trimmed it before (around ears and at his neck when it got long enough to curl up.)

I then decided to cut it. Not trim it. Just the way Pinterest told me to. I did it one afternoon, by myself, while Jaxen was a little tired and not so calm. We started outside and then inside, in front of the TV. Let me just preface this with JAXEN WAS NOT CALM OR STILL. I cut his hair while he was moving the entire time!

Okay - now on to the pics....

The top. It's actually not that bad. 
I think I did pretty good here. 

From the front. A little short.
Everytime I would get in front of Jaxen to work on the front,
he would move because I was blocking his view of the TV. So, 
I cut the front, from behind him. It's as good as it was going to get!

The side. It's a doosey. Not too good.
I took it a bit short above the ears on both sides. 
And he looks a little funny!

I have had one person tell me they will donate money for Jaxen's next haircut (from a professional). Ha!  I'm not going to take him up on the offer...yet.

Nik said "Thanks for trying to save money - but we'll work it out where we can afford to get his hair cut!"

And there you have it. Jaxen's first haircut!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I was feeling bad because even though I read your blog every day I have not been commenting very much - so let me take this opportunity to comment:

    LET HIS HAIR CURL!!!!! LET IT GROW!!!! I do wish I could have been there to watch this. I bet it was very comical. Oh poor baby. I can't help but giggle. What ever you do - don't do the "BUZZ THING"! In the end it is just hair - really short hair - but just hair. In two weeks, we won't even be able to tell - ok in his case maybe 4 weeks. Ha. Good try Sister!

    ReplyDelete