Friday, April 12, 2013

Jaxen - 10 Months

Happy 10 Months, Jaxen!


Month 10... Jaxen has mastered crawling and walking with-touching-something-for-support and babbling and getting off the couch/bed on his own and eating rocks/leaves/grass and throwing things and making clicking-sounds with his tongue and feeding himself. I'm sure there are more things that he has now matstered...but those are the ones that come to mind!


He is a mover. Constantly moving, touching (throwing) something/anything. Non-stop. It's a fun stage to watch him grow and learn and start to really comprehend things. But it's not so fun now that he is quick and into everything (just yesterday, Nik had to clean up broken glass...).



But watching him learn and understand and do new things that we didn't know he knew how to do is so much fun. Last week, Jaxen was napping in our bed. I put a tower of pillows around him so he could not fall off the bed if he woke up. I was thinking when he woke up, he would start crying to get down and I would go get him off the bed. Well, while Nik and I were talking in the living room I heard Jaxen moving. I asked Nik to go see if he was awake...as Nik walked into the room - Jaxen met him at the door! He woke up, pulled his covers off, went around the mountain of pillows and got himself off the bed, and was crawling into the living room! Thankfully, the next day we saw him get of the bed on his own and saw how he had done it. Smart boy. Amazes me all the time.



He talks (babbles) all the time. And gets very serious while doing it. Sometimes he even points his finger while talking (not sure who he got that from!). He can play by himself so well, but still sometimes just likes to know we are in the same room with him. We still cannot go wrong with The Lorax. I have tried other shows and movies - and The Lorax still ranks as number one.

And he loves being outside. This is a picture post afternoon-outside. Bottle and wet clothes. Fun times!



He eats 3 (pretty) solid meals a day and takes 2 snacks and a bottle before bed. He loves to feed himself, but I don't like the mess he makes. So we compromise. I let him feed himself 'easy' food and I spoon-feed him 'messy' food. Win-win. Most days. I am trying new food with him all the time. He loves lots of flavor and is pretty good at all different textures.



He is in 12-18 month clothes, size 4 diaper and size 3 or 4 shoe. We don't really put shoes on him often (actually, probably less than 10 times) but now that he is walking - I will start trying to put more on him.


Jaxen loves to brush his teeth, play in the bath (or any water), be outside, thrown in the air... you know, all the fun stuff!



I know I say this all the time....but he is amazing. I thank God for giving me Jaxen. He was made just for us and I am so grateful. He is a joy. A blessing. I still hold him for too long at night before bed and go check on him while he is sleeping and let him take naps with me and hold his bottle for him when he is tired....and I try to not take any of it for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment