Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween



This year for Halloween, Nik decided to have all the teens in our youth group over and pass out candy (and glow-in-the-dark wristbands) to Trick-or-Treaters in our neighborhood. So each teen brought a bag of candy and we provided food, drinks and some form of entertainment.

Glow-in-the-dark wristbands

 The food table: Chick-fil-a nuggets, chips and cupcakes.
I felt like a bad youth pastor wife because this is the first party
where I did not bake anything... Nik assured me it was okay!

Passing out candy to trick-or-treaters.




The entertainment this year was Ping-Pong, Beat-boxing and Spoons!

Teens playing ping-pong.

Beat-boxing competition with Jaxen as the judge.

A favorite: spoons!

That afternoon after Nik brought the ping-pong table to the house - we hung out and played! We had a lot of fun playing in our garage. (Even Jaxen had a good time, sitting and watching!)



I won't tell you the final score of the games. But I will say - I am better at ping pong than I remembered!

As Nik was finishing getting ready for his party, Jaxen and I went to my work place for "Trunk or Treat". Jaxen is really too small to do this, or even eat candy - but he looked so cute in his costume, I had to take him! We walked around with some of my co-workers while their kids got candy. (Actually, we ended up with a sack full of candy too...everyone just kept giving it to Jaxen)!

Me, Jaxen and Marianne

Jaxen and my boss, Gary

Jaxen did so well! He only get upset once. It was at the beginning - he was in his stroller (so he could not see me) and all the costumes and people talking to him scared and probably overwhelmed him a bit. But once I held him he was fine. He actually eneded up being held by Marianne for the most part. And she had lots of fun with him!

Then we went home and had a great night hanging out with our teens!

1 comment: