Thursday, November 8, 2012

New Things

Holding the Bottle: Jaxen has started to hold his own bottle! I have never really pushed this issue. We practice some. But it was not a big deal to me that he hold his own bottle. But he is doing it now... off and on, anyways!



Johnny Jump: We tried our Johnny Jump out and I think Jaxen likes it. At first, he just sat very still in it. Not smiling, not moving. Just still - taking it in, I guess. The longer he was in it, the more comfortable he became. He now swings in it. No jumping yet.




Sitting Up: Jaxen officially sits up on his own now! He does it for long stretches, sometimes falling. He cries some when he falls, but we help him right back up and he is okay.


All these new things are so much fun. I have been told that every stage is great, and so far they are! Each new stage becomes my favorite stage!

**********

What's new with us...

Nik is deep in Upward Basketball. He has a coaches meeting tonight. He is in the middle of drafting teams and finding coaches and referees. Games do not start until January - but there is a lot to do between now and then!

I am hanging in there. Just doing the norm, and trying to keep ahead of the game :). Tonight, my goal is to clean off our dining room table. Our table is not normally messy, but for some reason this week everything has gotten piled on it. So it's time to clean it off! Good goal, huh?

I have officially named myself "Upward Photographer / Concession Stand and TimeKeeper Coordinator". I am not going to be at Upward all day, every Saturday when games begin - like in the past. I am just going to come and go as needed. I hope this works for Nik and I. It does mean that we need more help, though... and we are trying to recruit help as soon as possible.

I am looking forward to the Holidays and seeing our families.

Tomorrow Nik and I celebrate our anniversary. 10 years!



2 comments:

  1. Wow he is growing up so fast! Tell him to slow down, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with her....tell him to SLOW DOWN! He already looks so different then when I saw him a few months ago! Carla - remember to document these things in his baby books. Or at least just write it on a little note so you will remember when you get time!

    ReplyDelete