Monday, November 12, 2012

Jaxen - 5 Months



This morning, as I cuddled with Jaxen before his morning nap, I told him what an amazing day it was 5 months ago. And then I sang "Happy Birthday" to him. That might of been a bit much, since he is only 5 months old... but still. I could not help myself. I sang every version of "Happy Birthday" I knew. Even the the one that says "...you look like a monkey, and you smell like one too!" I know - a bit much...


This boy is a trip. He is funny and cute and sweet and entertaining. He is a handful. A mover. He has the best laugh I have ever heard. He has so many expressions, it is never boring hanging out with him.


He sits up like a big boy, all on his own. He holds his own bottles. And everything goes into his mouth. He loves playing in his exersaucer. He does not roll over or crawl yet, and does not like being on his belly. At all.


He wears mostly 6-9 month clothes (depending on the brand...). He is still in size 2 diapers. He weighs roughly 16.6 and is around 26 inches.


We have had some rough nights at bedtime, but usually sleeps around 9 hours a night and takes 1 long nap in the morning and a 2-3 short naps through out the rest of the day.


He eats about every 3-4 hours, nursing for 20 minutes or taking 6 ounces from a bottle and 8 ounces at his last feeding.



Happy 5 months, Jaxen Houston!


1 comment:

  1. HOW SPECIAL! I love it that you guys got to spend the morning together. I think the birthday songs are such a cute touch! Give him a ZOOBER KISS from me.

    ReplyDelete