Saturday, November 10, 2012

Our Special Night

Years ago, when someone asked me what I wanted to be when I "grew up" I would reply "I want to be a wife, a mom and a volunteer". Yesterday, as I celebrated 10 years of marriage with Nik - I thanked God and Nik for making my dreams come true.

Last week Nik and I started discussing what we wanted to do on our anniversary. After throwing out some suggestions and veto-ing them, we started to become a little stressed out over this anniversary. It can be hard planning a "special" anniversary. We were not sure if we wanted to celebrate on Friday night, make a day of it on Saturday, or celebrate it all weekend! So we stopped planning because who needs more stress added to their day?

I received a text later in the week from a friend who offered to keep Jaxen for us on Friday night. Done. That is when we would celebrate.

Friday was Nik's day off and so Jaxen and him hung out together all day. They practiced Jaxen making noises while Nik patted his mouth (to make the Indian sound....know what I'm talking about?). They just about mastered it!

I had to work. All day. I was a little bummed in between my jobs because this was our special day and I realized that the world did not stop to celebrate with us. :) Bummer! I got over it. But after work - I was all about celebrating us!

Nik took Jaxen to our babysitters and then we headed to Waco to eat some place we did not have in Temple. That was our only rule. We really had no idea where we were going, but I was excited we were getting out of town. We ended up eating at Chuys.

Let me stop for a second. By far, the best mexican food in this area. Seriously. I love that place. I want to go back - like everyday! The green chile sauce, the queso-bar, the great decor, the amazing flavored steak burrito....! Okay, I'm done now.

After eating we did a little shopping. I had my eye on a certain Thanksgiving outfit for Jaxen for a couple of weeks now and it was on sale - so we purchased it, and Christmas pajamas for Jaxen (because Friday after Thanksgiving he has to strut some Christmas apparel), and 2 pairs of jeans for Nik, a pair of dress pants for myself, a Christmas stocking for Jaxen and a Christmas candle. I know - I might have gone a little overboard. But it was fun to shop! We had been given some money for our anniversary and we put it to good use. The amazing thing is that we got every single item on sale, plus and additional 30% off, plus $10.00 off our total bill. Let's just say that we spent very little for what we got. That is my favorite kind of shopping!

Then we ate some fabulous ice cream before heading home to see our baby. That was our night! It was wonderful. And "special" because I got to spend it with my husband, my best friend, my favorite person in the wonderful. And I got to tell him how much I love him, appreciate him, and how I want to "do life" with only him for many more years.

On the way home, I told Nik I was glad we got to spend some one-on-one time without Jaxen. It was nice not to worry about his needs and plan our night around his napping, eating, diaper changes and such!  But I was so excited to see that he was still awake when we got home. Which meant - I got to rock my baby to sleep! I had hardly seen him all day and I missed him!

I love you, Nik - Happy 10 Year Anniversary!




3 comments:

  1. HAPPY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY YOU TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember making a teddy bear, shirts, and various stuff for your wedding - that was such a special time - I can't believe it has been 10 years - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete