Saturday, July 21, 2012

Quiet on the Home Front

It is quite on the home front today. This morning Bebe and Grandpa Scotty left to go home. There were tears.

Bebe, Grandpa Scotty and Jaxen

I'm not sure what Jaxen is going to do (or me for that matter) with out the grandparents around - We have been so lucky to have a set of grandparents here for the last 2 weeks!

But we will manage.

Jaxen and I, yesterday

We have had a great day today. After we said our good-bye's this morning we spent some good time cuddling. I pondered going for a walk, looking for garage sales this morning...but that thought quickly passed when I realized how hot it was! I checked the weather and it was supposed to hit 103 today. Yes, Jaxen and I stayed inside - in air conditioning!

I even got a nap today! And talked for a few minutes to a very sweet lady from my past (who I met at Bonita Park). She has moved on from the camp, as have we...but she is a prayer warrior and still prays for Nik's ministry and our family. I never see her anymore, but every now and then I will receive a phone call to check in and see how our life is going. It was good to hear from her.

Jaxen, napping in his crib for the first time today!

After dinner this evening (which consisted of an Uncrustable and a bowl of cereal) I put my Ipod on shuffle and Jaxen and I danced away! We danced and sang to whatever came on.... from Bon Jovi to Michael Buble, Casting Crowns to Sugarland and Missy Higgins... and many others in between. We had a wonderful time just hanging out with each other. I know I have said it before.... but seeing everyone love on my son, just melts my heart. But I did miss him just a bit! So today was all about me and my little man. We had extra cuddle time, extra play time, a little tummy time and we even read a book.

Jaxen is now asleep.

Could he be more precious...?!

The sun is starting to set; my sprinklers are going; and I have my favorite candle lit.



I am slowly trying to catch up on my blog stalking reading. And trying to put together this post, and one with pics from the last week. The Ipod is still shuffling and I find myself singing out loud more than usual. It's just that kind of night.

Nik returns home tomorrow and how sweet it will be! I sure did miss him. I know he missed us as well. They had a wonderful trip and I am looking forward to hearing all about it over the next few days.

I have a baby that is ready to eat. And to Russell and Scotty - no, I did not wake him up... He woke up on his own, just in time to eat!



1 comment:

  1. Awwww how adorable you two are spending time together. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete