Wednesday, August 3, 2011

VBS Week

Vacation Bible School is this week at Church...which means we are BUSY and TIRED! We are not in charge of this event...(which is nice) but we are helping however we can!

It started out with a bang on Monday night with a Block Party! In 106 degree weather (supposedly the coolest day of the week)! It went well, but it was HOT!

Our Youth Band played during the Block Party

I am in charge of Registration (Nik is my awesome helper) and then I go on to teach Bible Memory! I teach kids in grades 1st - 6th. It is really neat to see the kids getting excited and learning their verses!

Nik hangs around to be 'runner-boy' and helps out where needed. He is a great 'runner-boy' - Seriously!

On another note - The Shred has taken a back seat for the moment. Too busy with VBS. Up at 6:30am; out the door by 7:15am; Home from work at 5:15pm; Eat dinner and at the church by 6:00pm; Home by 9:00pm and I am TIRED! I try to do things around the house that need to be done...but I'm am definitely ready for bed!

P.S. Pastor JJ (our new pastor) and his family arrived in Temple today!

No comments:

Post a Comment