Saturday, August 13, 2011

Busyness

I feel as though I have not had much to blog about these days. I feel like I have been crazy busy...but the busyness is not blog worthy.

Sidenote - I hate the term 'busy'. Yes, I use it all the time. But I don't like it. It is so impersonal - like your life is more important than anyone else's. Does that make sense? I am 'busy' because I choose to be. And most times when the word 'busy' is used...it's used in a manner of  'woe is me'. My busyness lately is not 'woe is me'. It is 'I am choosing to do MANY things here lately, all of which are pretty fun, or beneficial in some way'. Off the sidenote.

But then I realized - this is my blog - The Days of Nik and Carla and my busyness is BLOG WORTHY! So here it goes...My busyness these days consists/consisted of:

* Work: It has been really hectic the last two weeks. Consistently for the last 2 weeks, 2 or more of our 5 Administrative Staff has been gone. That leaves the rest of us with all 6 ministers...who want/need things and need/want it NOW! Ha! I am used to working for 2 of them. No problem. But when you throw in an additional 2-4 of them all needing something from you, it can get a little hectic. During my lunch break I used to go to the park and sit outside (in the quiet) and take a break from work. Too hot now. The past two weeks I have been working through my lunch hour most days. That makes for a long day.

* VBS: You read about it before. Long. Fun. Tiring. Would totally do it again, in a heartbeat!

* Cleaning houses for other people: I now clean 3 houses (woo-hoo for the extra money to go to debt...or A/C for our car that is currently without A/C...!). I am loving my new cleaning person. He is so funny. He told me this week that another man was 'full of vinegar'! Have you ever heard that phrase "Full of Vinegar"? It was meant in a good way. He followed it by saying "I enjoy talking with him"!

* Youth Events: What a summer this has been! One event after another it seems like! Well, an end is FINALLY in sight for all the scheduled summer events. However, as I type, I know that Nik is in full swing planning for Upward and new fall/winter events.

* Some Fun: In the midst of our busyness, we make sure to have some FUN! We are currently planning a Grill & Games night at our house for some new friends that moved to town and a trip back to the lake on Sunday!

That is my busyness here lately. It's a season!

2 comments:

  1. I actually enjoy being busy (I think because WE grew up busy)! Hope you have a delightfully BUSY week!I actually enjoy being busy (I think because WE grew up busy)! Hope you have a delightfully BUSY week! Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy can be good. No I have never heard of that, but piss and vinegar. Huh? Weird.

    ReplyDelete