Monday, August 29, 2011

Back in the Saddle...

I'm not really back in the 'Saddle'....but I'm back on my bike!

This past Saturday Nik and I were up way too early for a Saturday and went Mountain Bike Riding! This is my first time back out since the Leg Infection of 2011. It kicked my booty! I was having a hard time climbing the hills. I was having a hard time breathing. But...it was fun and I'm so glad we decided to go. I am anxious now to ride my bike more often and beat those hills (again)!

It probably didn't help that we played 3 straight hours of volleyball the night before and didn't go to sleep until well after midnight...but that's okay. Both were well worth it!

Saturday (after bike riding) we took our new pastor and his family out for a day in Austin. There is so much to do and see and show them....so this particular trip we just hit a few highlights: Lunch at Buca Di Beppos (wonderful food); Shopping at Mardel's Christian Book Store; IKEA (need I say more...);  and Freddy's Custard for a sweet treat on the way home.

In case you're wondering...I checked the weather out for this week and by the end of the week we are supposed to be in the 90's! WOO-HOO!!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. I bet they enjoyed that. Buca's YUM!!! Yes, cooler weather I am so excited!! Hope it keeps going down.

    ReplyDelete